AGV NORD is one of the biggest Employers’ Association in Northern Germany
AGV NORD is a service provider for businesses in the federal states Bremen, Hamburg, Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, North-West Lower Saxony and Schleswig-Holstein. We are focusing on expertise in all areas of labour relations. Our more than 400 member companies are predominantly medium-sized, active mainly in the metal and electrical industry active, but also in similar industries, as wood processing, or in industry-related areas, such as agricultural machinery and services. They employ around 40,000 people.
We are in constant dialogue with all socially-relevant groups (employment agencies, pension funds, employers liability insurance associations and the Institute for the German Economy) and enables members to exchange information with each other.
Personal, fast, competent advice and information for businesses are of the highest order. They are guaranteed by our expert team of attorneys, engineers, business administration specialists, economists and our offices in Hamburg, Kiel, Neubrandenburg, Rostock, Schwerin and Wilhelmshaven. In order to be able to offer you comprehensive solutions, our specialists work closely on a cross-departmental basis.
You will benefit from the wide range of services of the AGV NORD employers association and its extensive network.
Making the right decisions
Attorneys specialising in employment law advise and represent the companies competently in all areas of individual and collective employment law. AGV NORD thus also helps to avoid expensive wrong decisions in matters of personnel and employment law.
Trust our competence
- Advice on individual employment law and works council constitution law
- Representation in all employment tribunal and social court proceedings
- Employment law support for all types of operational change
- Support in conciliation proceedings
- Drafting and negotiation of employer/works council agreements
- Specimen agreements/work resources
Securing future technical and management staff
Gaining and securing suitable technical and management staff now present many companies with increasing challenges. In order to guarantee their competitiveness and capacity for innovation, AGV NORD and its partner organisations within the NORDMETALL network are making a commitment in the form of a "learning curve" (from nurseries, primary education and vocational training to higher education and CPD).
Benefit from our training work. AGV NORD
- supports educational and academic training projects aimed at improving the conditions for training and study
- provides careers advice to promote targeted, appropriate career choices
- supports and promotes in-house training
- initiates work-related study models
- promotes innovative, ground-breaking approaches to research and exclusive networking with the member businesses
- initiates and promotes continuing professional development, offering affordable seminars
- represents members' interests in training and employment market policy
Finding comprehensive solutions
One of the main tasks of AGV NORD is to draft the conditions of employment and business for our members. As a sister organization of NORDMETALL we offer expertise in negotiating company-specific collective agreements. Our team, which consists of attorneys, engineers, business administration specialists and economists, is at your disposal for advice and will help you to produce and implement practical solutions.
Make use of our knowledge
- Negotiation of company-specific collective agreements
- Optimisation of personnel policy
- Improvement of production systems
- Advice on protecting jobs
- Advice on occupational health
- Introduction and implementation of new remuneration systems
- Modernisation and improvement of the working time structure in the business
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of the change in demographics
- Analysis of KPIs
Active at European and international level In many cases, directives and other projects adopted at European and international level concern employment law, which affects not only international companies but also businesses domiciled in Germany.
Benefit from our knowledge and our network
- Support in employment law matters with a European or international aspect, particularly regarding foreign secondments
- Arranging European and international contacts, both with companies in other countries and with decision-makers in Brussels
- Expressing the interests of our member businesses in respect of draft
- Directives or other projects at European level
Always in the know
The thread can easily be lost when countless regulations and updates in employment law, manpower studies and other fields have to be reconciled with competition-oriented management.
Stay up-to-date with us
- Hands-on events, in-house training, working parties and networking for Managing Directors, HR managers, departmental managers, engineers and PR officers
- Work resources, explanations, specimens
- Fortnightly newsletter service ("AGV NORD EXPRESS", responsively designed for your smart phone or tablet)
- AGV NORD website with exclusive password protected member content
- Monthly journal for your staff: "AKTIV im Norden"
And we also contribute our knowledge at exclusive personal meetings with our member businesses.
Finding a receptive public audience
Skilled media handling saves a lot of trouble and stress and creates a positive public image of the company. Practitioners support you with valuable tips and help prepare you for a public event. As the mouthpiece for business in Northern Germany, we publicly express businesses views on the economy, society and social policy.
Enhance your presence
- Media training and preparation for public events
- Advice for management on the specific targeting of various media
- Image of businesses and entrepreneurs in our media
- Public portrayal of employers points of view and commitment
We would be pleased to answer your questions in a personal conversation. Please contact us.